roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

d50: 89 ram..elcipse or eagle talon uses the same engine mounts..mods

Customer Question

I have a 89 ram/d50. I have been told that an engine from an elcipse or eagle talon uses the same engine mounts as the D50. I want to know if this is true or if there are some mods that would need to be done for the engine to go in place
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Hello,The engines are both made by mitsubishi but the the eclipse and talon are transversed mounting and have different engine mounts than the d50 which is rear wheel drive.You would need to check on the side of eclipse engine to see if there is mounting holes for the side engine mounts.If there is not it wont work.I believe the enigine from the d50 has a different transmission mount to the block also.Hope this helps.Thanks for your question.Roger