MikeB85
MikeB85, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, I-Car Trained and Certified, Automotive Technology Degree
7731073

My window gets stuck sometimes in the downward pos...clicking

My window gets stuck sometimes in the downward pos. I was able to rise it up by clicking the switch several times and hard. I bought a replacement motor. I took off the three nuts that secures the motor and I tryed just to pull off the old motor but it seems like it is really on there. I dont want to break anything so I was wondering if there is something I need to do or take off first? Also does it sound like it is the motor or maybe the switches? Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  MikeB85 replied 9 years ago.
I believe that there is a spring on the regulator that you must release in order to remove the window motor. For this you need a breaker bar and a special tool called a Counter Balance Spring Tool (J-38864 is the number for the tool.) You can also try using a pick set or screwdriver to get the spring out. Then when the spring is released you can remove the motor.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MikeB85's Post: does it sound like it is the motor, or the switches?
Expert:  MikeB85 replied 9 years ago.
You can try by checking for power at the motor when the switch is engaged. If the power it steady then the motor is bad. If the test light flickers on and off then I would assume it is the switch.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MikeB85's Post: Can you please tell me where the spring is located? Thanks
Expert:  MikeB85 replied 9 years ago.
It will be located on the window regulator right near the window motor. This is what is holding the motor in.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MikeB85's Post: Thank you I am going out there right now and will let you know. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!