Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

wrench9124
wrench9124
wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1998 Diamante: alternator..drive belt..the tension and tighten it
Jim B
Jim B, AAA Approved Shop Owner
Trying to remove my alternator, can't get the tension off the drive belt, how do I release the tension and tighten it back after replacing. 1998 Diamante… read more
chevy astro: tension pully up high enough..trick to make this happen?
james
james, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Hey, I am trying to re-install the serpetine belt for my ''''''''95 chevy astro van; but I can not get the tension pully up high enough to get the belt underneath it. What is the trick to make this ha… read more
1997 chevy cavalier: remove the alternator..belt tensioner..diagram
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 1997 Chevy Calvalier,I need to remove the alternator for replacement,I have not been able to locate the belt tensioner to release belt tension. Can you tell me the locaton or a possible diagr… read more
1994 Chevrolet astro: i replaced the alternator on my van it..cyl
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
i replaced the alternator on my van it still will not hold acharge Optional Information: 1994 Chevrolet astro van 6 cyl Already Tried: changed alternator… read more
2001 Mazda: alternator..front tires..the shcok mount so the rotor
supertech
supertech, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I''m trying to remove the alternator from a 2001 Mazda MPV. I''ve removed both front tires for ease of getting under the car. Ive unpolted the shcok mount so the rotor will drop down. It liiks like I … read more
1997 hyundai elantra: I 'm removing a transmission..tran
Jay
Jay, Shop Forman / Lead Tech
I 'm removing a transmission on a 1997 hyundai elantra, I remove everythin that is atach to the tran and it move a half inch out and do not want to come out any farder out, seems to get stock on somet… read more
2003 Kia Sedona: alternator..IDing and releasing tensioner..pully
Scott K
Scott K, Automotive Instructor
I am trying to replace alternator on 2003 Kia Sedona. Having trouble with IDing and releasing tensioner. Does the tensioner have a "star" fastner (pully under the alternator?) What is the best way to … read more
Im trying to change my brake light bulb...I cant get it to budge
Rich
Rich, Technician
I''m trying to change my brake light bulb. The manual simply says, "pull to remove from housing." I''ve tried that and I can''t get it to budge. Is there something I''m missing?… read more
2007 lincoln: I trying to change my alternator/ a/c belt
Eric, Retired
I trying to change my alternator/ a/c belt on my 2007 Lincoln MKZ. How do I release the tension spring?… read more
Mercedes B200: I,m trying to remove the valve body from a Mercedes
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
I,m trying to remove the valve body from a Mercedes B200 CVT. The connector for the control unit seems to stuck and I don't want to force it. There doesn't appear to be any fasteners left to remove. I… read more
mustang: serpentine belt for my 99..(base model..tensioner
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
I am trying to release the tension on the serpentine belt for my 99 for mustang. (base model) How does the tensioner work?… read more
A Citroen Saxo.. Is there a clever way to release tension..drums
Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, Associate Degree
I'm trying to remove the breakdrums on a Citroen Saxo.. Is there a clever way to release tension in the shoes, in order to remove the drums? Lars Erik, Norway… read more
how do you remove alternator from 1997 cadillac deville
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
how do you remove alternator from 1997 cadillac deville? do you come from the top or bottom...please explain? thanx… read more
How do I remove my alternator in my 95 Mitsubishi ...
Rich
Rich, Technician
How do I remove my alternator in my ''95 Mitsubishi Eclipse? I''m having problems mainly trying to get the belt off. This is my first time so any hints or tips will be very usefull. Thank You!… read more
alternator from my 92 Talon Tsi..loosen..belt tensioner
C.J.
C.J., master tech/quality control
I am having trouble removing the alternator from my 92 Talon Tsi. How do I loosen the belt tensioner to remove the alt belt… read more
1997 olds 88: alternator..shim..not all belt tensioner assemblies
Billy
Billy, Shop Foreman
I have installed a new belt tensioner on my 1997 olds 88 3800 vinK. Now I am trying to reinstall the alternator and the mounting bracket holes do not quite line up. Does this mean that I got the wrong… read more
94 Mazda protege: the tension wheel..alternator belt
Triston
Triston, High School or GED
Where is the tension wheel in a 94 Mazda protege. We are trying to change the alternator belt but have to remove the other belt first. Help!! and Thanks… read more
2003 ford escape: the alternator from the bracket..axle..tight
Larry
Larry, Technical Editor
I am trying to replace the alternator on a 2003 ford escape 3.0 fwd...I have removed the alternator from the bracket and the bracket from the engine - the right drive axle and all ofther parts that i … read more