DuGan
DuGan, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  shop owner 30 years / technician
4576366

The wiper arm on the drivers side..passenger side..screw..bolt

The wiper arm on the drivers side of my 1991 Plymouth Acclaim seems to be loose. When turned on it moves erratically, sometimes half way or so and is out of sync with the passenger side arm which works fine. It seems like it just needs tightenning but I dont see a screw or bolt on the arm to do this.
Hi Johnny
The wiper arm is attached to the wiper pivot by a splined stud. That stud is part of the wiper pivot and is pressed on in one position. If it loosens up and moves without the motor pushing it it will act erratic as you stated. There is no tightening on this model. The wiper pivot needs to be replaced.
they cost new @ $45graphic