Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

2002 XG350: the dash, the speedometer does not work and the low beams

Hi, I have a 2002...
Hi, I have a 2002 XG350 and all of my lights are on in the dash, the speedometer does not work and the low beams do not work. Any thoughts?
1/1/2008
Robert
Robert, Technician

Hi There!

Do you happen to know if your cruise control is working? And how did all this start the sequence of the lights?

Reply to gmplus's Post: I don't know about the cruise control. The lights started with the oil light and then the battery, the ABS , the TCS and the brake...then the lights did not work

Ok

The reason I asked about the cruise control is you have a Vehicle speed sensor that would affect your speedometer and cruise control. The first thing I would do is disconnect your battery for about 30 mins to see if this corrects the problem, inspect your battery terminals make sure they are free of corrosion. If you still have an issue I would have your battery and alternator checked out. The correct test an a battery is a Load test. Place's like auto zone can check this for you at no charge. They will also test your alternator out. My feelings are you are having a low voltage issue or an issue with your cars computer. If the battery and alternator are good I would think it is an issue with the cars computer.

Thank You Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed! Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Robert
Robert, Technician
Robert
Robert
Robert, Technician