Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

2005 dodge grand caravan: the fuses,relays and..blower motor

I have a 2005 dodge grand caravan. The blower for the heat is not turning on. I have checked the fuses,relays and even plugged in a new blower motor to no avail. There was a little gearbox on the bottom of blower housing that had a series of gears in it with what looked like a capasiter. Any ideas?

Are either of these look like what you are referring to? Also, manual or automatic controls?

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
no. what I am talking about was mounted by 2 screws on the bottom of the blower housing inside the van. When I turn the blower inside the van on I get absolutely no forced air. I don't know what either one of these items you are showing me are.

Ok, what you are looking at is the recirculation door actuator. That wont have anything to do with blower motor function. Pictures I showed you are of the blower motor resistor and blower motor power module. If you have manual controlled ac/heater it will have the resistor. If yours is automatic climate control it will have the power module. Whichever you have the part is located in the same place. You need to check voltage here.

Here is how to access resistor or power module.

graphic

graphic

Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON or ask for more help. positive feedback is always appreicated

This is a Paysite