Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

how do i replace headlight bulbs on a cadillac cts 2008

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
You will be required to remove the front bumper to replace the headlight bulbs on your CTS. I am wondering how many miles you have on this as you may be under a factory warranty. If you post your vin# XXXXX can tell you. If you would like I can give you the info to replace the headlight bulbs. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thanks..my vin# XXXXX XXXXX have under3,000.please make sure info is on a 2008 not 2007 or earlier.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Your are under the factory warranty so you can have this servoce done free of charge by your local cadillac dealer. If you are still interested I can get you the info to access the bulbs.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes i am interested in getting the info on accessing the bulbs. I will accept answer and click accept button. Thank You so much!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
can you please send me info on how to do it?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

I am going to have to send it in sections. The first will be how to remove the bumper cover and so on. Here it is. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Front Bumper Fascia Replacement

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: MF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedures

1. Remove the front wheelhouse liner.
  2. Remove the front bumper air deflector.
  3. Disconnect the headlamp washer hose from the fascia.
  4. Remove the front fog lamp bezel.
  5. Remove the front fog lamp assembly.
  6. Remove the front compartment sight shields.

1

Front Bumper Fascia Plastic Retainer (Qty: 4)

2

Tip
Reach underneath the wheelhouse to access the bolts.

Tighten
2 N·m (18 lb in

Headlamp Capsule Replacement

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SF

Callout

Component Name

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. In order to reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns, the battery negative cable must be disconnected any time service work is being performed on or around the high intensity discharge system.

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. To reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns:

Never open the high intensity discharge system ballast or the arc tube assembly starter.
Never probe between the high intensity discharge system ballast output connector and the arc tube assembly.

Preliminary Procedure

1. Open and support the hood.
  2. Remove the front bumper fascia.
  3. Disconnect the headlamp electrical connector at the base of the headlamp assembly.

1

Headlamp Capsule Assembly Bolt (Qty: 2)

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

2

Headlamp Capsule Assembly Nut

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

3

Headlamp Capsule Assembly

Tip
Carefully move the headlamp capsule assembly upward and outward in order to remove.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the headlamp capsule.

1

Accessory Cap Screw (Qty: 3)

Tip
Hand tighten only, the accessory cap screws.

2

Accessory Cap

Tip
Inspect and ensure the accessory cap seal is properly seated prior to installing the accessory cap cover.

3

Directional Bulb

Procedure

1. Rotate the bulb socket from the headlamp assembly.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb socket.

4

Accessory Cap Screw (Qty: 3)

Tip

5

Accessory Cap

Tip
Inspect and ensure the seal is properly seated prior to installing the accessory cap.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Not a problem. Feel free to contact me with any further questions! Good luck!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I followed faschia removal instructions but was still unable to remove it.I removed all screws as described in diagrams but faschia would still not budge.are there any additional srews underneath faschia or elsewhere I would need to remove?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Did you loosen them at the wheel liner and also at the radiator core support? I cannot say that I have had one of these apart as of yet.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes I did. Just as described on diagram I got sent. Top part of faschia does come off when I pull slightly but bottom seems screwed down still.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, I am going to see if I can find a better illustration of this car. I am not sure what else might be holding you up. This is the way gm gives their instructions to replaced the headlamp. I will be in touch. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks..by the way, I noticed there are plastic snap on screws like the ones along wheel liner all aalong bottom of faschia-would those be screws I need to remove still? Thanks
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Yes they would. The first instruction set I sent you stated, Remove the wheelhouse liner. These would be holding you up some I would imagine. I did get a better picture of the front bumper, bur my scanner seems to have broke. My only other concern would be the tabs at the bottom of the lower grille. the illustration shows about 6 tabs and I cannt seem tfind where they actually go. I am figuring that they either go into the grille, which wouldn't cause you a problem like you are having, or possibly they go into the bumper absorber which may cause you a bit of trouble. I will try to get the picture scanned so you can see what I mean. That is as soon as I fix my scanner. I will keep in touch. Thanks again for your patience.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I thought i'd take pics of my car's front and bottom faschia so you could get a clearer picture of what my vehicle looks like. Is there an email i can send you jpeg pics to?
Thanks
-Cesar
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

You should be able to post them here. I do have another illustration.

graphic