Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

1995 Buick Lesabre: diagram..a serpentine belt..everything works

I need a diagram or...
I need a diagram or directions for threading a serpentine belt for a 1995 Buick Lesabre. All pulleys are intact and everything works. Do I need to take anything apart to get the belt on?
11/12/2007
Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician

Hello!

Nothing needs to be disassembled to replace the belt; all you need to do is rotate the spring loaded tensioner arm away from the belt per the illustration below to enable you to replace it.

I hope this is helpful; if so, please click my accept button... thanks!

graphic

Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician
Relist: I still need help.
I was given the wrong information and it is a 1997 buick lesabre, not a '95. Can you forward me directions and diagram for the later model? I will pay another $9 of course. Thank you.
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, Master Auto Tech

Hello

Same engine???

Reply to MechanicMan's Post: Yes, 3.8 litre 3800, Series II, V6

The procedure should be the same....if you have problems let me know

(Steve7654 just helping customer out)

The diagram doesn't really match the pulley setup. Are the pulley arrangements different on the 97? A mechanic is on his way over to install this, but there's also that problem of some black stabilizing bar bolted to the engine and the wheel well that perplexes me. I can't seem to work around that and still wonder that it must be removed before we can loop this belt. I welcome the advice. Is there another diagram for the 97?

Hello

I have diagram of 97 (below) if it goes through belt then is has to come off but if the belt is not around it ..it doesnot have to come off....just a little difficult to move around it, real tight but doable...let me know

graphic

MechanicMan
MechanicMan, Master Auto Tech
AOK. Thank you. That was it.

Hello

Thanks for using JA

Hello

Thanks for using JA

MechanicMan
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, Master Auto Tech