Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

91 ACCORD OBD PORT LOCATION

MY ENGINE KEEPS STALLING WHEN...
MY ENGINE KEEPS STALLING WHEN I TRY TURNING ON MY CAR WHILE IM DRIVING IT TURNS OFF I WENT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP SO THEY CAN DIAGNOSE IT BUT HE COULD NOT FIND MY OBD PORT DOES A 91 ACCORD WAGON EVEN HAVE AN OBD PORT AND WERE EXACTCLY IS IT LOCATED AND DO I NEED TO CONVERT THE PUG OR ANYTHING
8/14/2007
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic

It's behind the right side of dash, above the kick panel.

Here is a diagram showing the general location.

graphic

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

If not, please click on Accept.

Thanks for asking!

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
THE MECHANIC THAT WAS SUPPOSSED TO DIAGNOSTICS SAID THAT IT WASNT IT ITS A BLUE PLUG RIGHT

On 1990-95 Accord (except V-6) and 1992-95 Prelude, the codes are read from the check engine light after the two-wire service connector has been jumpered. On Accords, the service connector is under the dash on the passenger side.

Codes 1 through 9 are indicated by a series of short flashes; two-digit codes use a long flash for the first digit followed by the appropriate number of short flashes. For example, Code 14 would be indicated by 1 long flash followed by 4 short flashes. Codes are separated by a pause between displays. Multiple codes are transmitted in an alternating pattern. For example, a code 3 and 14 would be displayed as 3 short flashes (for Code 3) followed by the separator pause, then 1 long flash and 4 short flashes (for Code

• Use a jumper wOn 1990-95 Accord (except V-6) and 1992-95 Prelude, the codes are read from the check engine light after the two-wire service connector has been

• Turn the ignition switch ON; the check engine light will display any stored codes by rhythmic flashing.

•  

Click image to see an enlarged view
    On Accords, the service connector is located under the dash on the passenger side

YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME WIRE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT SINCE THE GUYS A MECHANIC I TAUGHT HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS SAYING TELLING ME SOMEONE CUT THE PORT ANYWAY THANX MAN I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Your very welcome!

Thanks for asking!

Virtual Wrench
    Virtual Wrench
    Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic