Car

State on auto dealers selling cars, trucks, or motorhomes..cracked…

Customer Question
Is there any laws inWashington...
Is there any laws inWashington state on auto dealers selling cars, trucks, or motorhomes with cracked windshields?... Read full answer
Is there any laws inWashington state on auto dealers selling cars, trucks, or motorhomes with cracked windshields?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Car
3/4/2007
Auto Mechanic: Bob, Auto Service Technician replied 12 years ago
Bob
Bob, Auto Service Technician

Only hope you have is if it obstructs vision. Below is all the state of Washington says about windshields.

RCW 46.37.410

Windshields required, exception - Must be unobstructed and equipped with wipers.

(1) All motor vehicles operated on the public highways of this state shall be equipped with a front windshield manufactured of safety glazing materials for use in motor vehicles in accordance with RCW 46.37.430, except, however, on such vehicles not so equipped or where windshields are not in use, the operators of such vehicles shall wear glasses, goggles, or face shields pursuant to RCW 46.37.530(1)(b).

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster, or other nontransparent material upon the front windshield, side wings, or side or rear windows of such vehicle which obstructs the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway.

(3) The windshield on every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle. After January 1, 1938, it shall be unlawful for any person to operate a new motor vehicle first sold or delivered after that date which is not equipped with such device or devices in good working order capable of cleaning the windshield thereof over two separate arcs, one each on the left and right side of the windshield, each capable of cleaning a surface of not less than one hundred twenty square inches, or other device or devices capable of accomplishing substantially the same result.

(4) Every windshield wiper upon a motor vehicle shall be maintained in good working order.

[1977 ex.s. c 355 § 35; 1961 c 12 § 46.37.410. Prior: 1955 c 269 § 41; prior: (i) 1937 c 189 § 38; RRS § 6360-38; RCW 46.36.070. (ii) 1937 c 189 § 39; RRS § 6360-39; RCW 46.36.080.]

Notes:

Severability -- 1977 ex.s. c 355: See note following RCW 46.37.010.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
3k..which i will pay if i get my money back...any advice
hello i put 10k down on a truck at a Goodfellas motor company...left the lot with the truck on july 12 ..shortly after the truck broke down and the motor company instructed me to bring it to a total p… read more
Rudolph Diesel
Rudolph Diesel
Service manager/ Master mechanic,
inspected..tail light..layer of plastic over the assembly itself
I went to get my car inspected today. I was told it would not pass b/c of a broken reflector, and a cracked cover over the tail light. The cracked cover is a layer of plastic over the assembly itself.… read more
DBranch
DBranch
Technician,
I brought a car from a dealer on a car lot.But i was unable
I brought a car from a dealer on a car lot.But i was unable to get tags because the car would not pass the emmission test, since i live in Ind,(Gary).I return the car because he was suppose to fix it … read more
Terry S. Trent
Terry S. Trent
Automotive Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
SL500: MB..total the car was at the dealers shop for over 40 days
I purchased a 03 MB SL500. I've had to bring the car to the Dealer 7 times over the past 1 1/2 years to repair the ABC system. In total the car was at the dealers shop for over 40 days. It appears tha… read more
jzautotech
jzautotech
My father in law gave me a dune buggy for christmas.
My father in law gave me a dune buggy for christmas. He purchased it from the flea market. Can I make it street legal. It has turn signals brake lights head lights a windshield and a horn.… read more
John Hicks
John Hicks
Business Owner,
Infiniti fx45: an new dashboard ecause the one in the car..bubbles
I have an infiniti fx45, 2005. I just recently purchased an new dashboard ecause the one in the car is suffering from cracks and bubbles in it. It had to be replacd. The unit I purchased was 550$ and … read more
DCM
DCM
Automotive Master Tech,
Mechanical Engineer
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
1998 subaru legacy outback: 164,000 miles..water pump..timing belt
I have a 1998 subaru legacy outback wagon that I purchased with 164,000 miles on it. The dealer had replaced the water pump and timing belt. I discovered later that the heater core was disconnected fr… read more
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector
Assistant Service Manager,
In course of study for bachelor's d
A dealership in Arizona Sell a used Car with tires on it that are
Can a dealership in Arizona Sell a used Car with tires on it that are over Five Years Old?… read more
Rich
Rich
Technician,
The dealer is now stating that the co-signer needs to live
My son is trying to purchase a truck and my mother-in-law is co-signing with him. The dealer is now stating that the co-signer needs to live with the signer. I believe it is because they realize they … read more
Master Automotive Technician,
2 YEARS COLLEGE
Texas on 6-29-08 and the motor has a cracked block..warranty..vehicles
purchased a vehicle in Texas on 6-29-08 and the motor has a cracked block. Does the state of texas still have a minimum warranty for all used vehicles sold by a car dealer?… read more
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector
Assistant Service Manager,
In course of study for bachelor's d
1979 pontiac: car without..the drivers side cowl area..trans
Is it illegal to sell a car without the body tag ? You know the body by Fisher tag that is on the driver's side cowl area ? The car in question is a classic 1979 pontiac trans am. It has a good title,… read more
Triston
Triston
only sets of keys to these vehicles and now he wants to sell one
A friend of mine has left 2 vehicles in buildings at my residence for 10 years now and they have never left I have the titles to both of these vehicles and the only sets of keys to these vehicles and … read more
eric
eric
John deere tech.,
Stop searching for answers—
I purchased a car from a used car dealer who sold me a car
I purchased a car from a used car dealer who sold me a car under false pretence. They told me the car was clear fo all damages, when I went to sell the car 6 weeks later to find out that they had purc… read more
DoctorD
DoctorD
Retired Auto Shop Owner,
1993 Toyota Camry: hood..the car back to the car lot..body shop..smoke
I purchased a used 1993 Toyota Camry from a small car lot. 1 week later the car was smoking from under the hood, I took the car back to the car lot & the owner said; he could not cover the cost of min… read more
Rodney Reed
Rodney Reed
Flooring Business Owner, ,
2002 Oldsmobile Aurora: vibrating..(3rd cylinder..compression
Car dealer selled a used car (2002 Oldsmobile Aurora as $4,400, 148000miles) to my friend from other country and let him sign the As-it-is form. Next day, Car was vibrating badly and he took it to the… read more
Ted G.
Ted G.
ASE Certified Technician,
A lot of problems, and that it shouldnt have been passed inspection
I purchased a used car two months ago from a mans front yard. He just had it inspected that same day. Now, the car has a lot of problems, and that it shouldnt have been passed inspection. We think tha… read more
markus
markus
SOQUEL 76 AUTO SERVICE AND REPAIR,
The law for a car lot to sell you a car without a working horn
Is it against the law for a car lot to sell you a car without a working horn.and if it is not the fuse what all can it be? Optional Information: 1998 Pontiac grand prix 6 cylinder Already Tried: the f… read more
ERIC KOHNKE
ERIC KOHNKE
mechanic,
TECH SCHOOLING IN MECHANICS
1990 Ford F150: rear ended by a Honda Civic at 55 mph..cracked
We have a 1990 Ford F150 and was rear ended by a Honda Civic at 55 mph. In the accident the front windshild was cracked in the Ford (our truck). The insurance company said that this is not possible. E… read more
Marc
Marc
fleet supervisor,