Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

S-belt diagram for 93 chrysler lebaron

Customer Question
s-belt diagram for 93 chrysler...
s-belt diagram for 93 chrysler lebaron
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Car
2/25/2007
Auto Mechanic: Firsthogman, Auto Service Technician replied 10 years ago
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Auto Service Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Auto Service Technician
1993 chrysler lebaron 6 cyl 102,000
belt just slipped off and dont know how to put on there is no diagram on the car or in the owners manual

Welcome to JA,

3.0L ENGINE-AIR CONDITIONER BELT

To remove and install the air conditioning compressor drive belt, first loosen the idler pulley lock nut, then turn the adjusting screw to raise or lower the idler pulley. The belt can then be removed from the crankshaft pulley, the A/C compressor pulley and the idler pulley. However, before the A/C drive belt can be removed from the vehicle, the serpentine belt must be removed also.

3.0L ENGINE-SERPENTINE BELT

See Figure 11

The Poly-V generator/power steering pump belt is provided with a dynamic tensioner to maintain proper belt tension. To remove or install the belt, release the tension by rotating the tensioner assembly clockwise, then remove the belt from the pulleys and extract from the vehicle. When installing the belt, make certain that the belt is securely set onto the pulleys (the grooves on the belt must be aligned with the grooves on the pulley).

Click image to see an enlarged view

3.3L AND 3.8L ENGINES-SERPENTINE BELT

See Figure 12

The Poly-V drive belt is provided with a dynamic tensioner to maintain proper belt tension. To remove or install this belt:

1. Raise the front of the vehicle and safely support on jackstands.

2. Remove the right front splash shield.

3. Release tension of the belt by rotating the tensioner assembly clockwise.

4. While holding the tensioner in the rotated position, remove the belt from the various pulleys-make sure to note the route that the belt takes before removal.

5. To install the belt, route it through the various pulleys except for the tensioner pulley. Once the belt is satisfactorily mounted on the pulleys, rotate the tensioner clockwise and slide the belt onto the tensioner pulley. Make certain that the belt is mounted so that the grooves in the belt are correctly aligned with the grooves in the pulleys.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 12: To remove the serpentine belt from the 3.3L and 3.8L engines, rotate the tensioner assembly clockwise

1. Install the right front splash shield to the underside of the vehicle.

2. Lower the vehicle back to the ground.

3. Start the engine and allow to idle for a few minutes. Shut the engine off and double check the placement of the belt on the pulleys.

Firsthogman
Firsthogman
Firsthogman, Auto Service Technician