ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

Where is the blower motor relay located in a 1988 isuzu trooper II?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  mrrowland1 replied 11 years ago.
They don't use a relay for the blower motor.Is everything working except the blower motor?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: yes there is a relay, I can see it in the electrical diagrams, I just can't find where it is physicly located without tearing everything apart to trace the wires.
There are 5 relays total in this system,but not one of them says blower relay.What is this doing? I just fixed a blower system in a 1990 rodeo today.IS EVERYTHING WORKING EXCEPT THE BLOWER?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Relist:
I know that there is a relay i still need to locate it.
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 11 years ago.

UNDER HOOD, DRIVER SIDE, FRONT ENGINE AREA, MOUNTED   
REAR OF HEADLIGHT HOUSING
 Which one is it, right? All I can tell you is it has a white wire and a white/red striped wire on one side.
On the other side, it has a blue/ white stripe and depending on engine 2.6L Black wire
And 2.8L will have a blue/ black stripe wire

ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience: +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
Expert:  Hammer Time replied 11 years ago.

Left front of engine compartment

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: Thankyou, you were the only one out of like 10 people who knew what you were talking about. Anyway that relay didn't fix the problem unfortunately. my diagram also shows a "blower cutout relay" and a "heater high speed blower relay" in the circuit. Do you have any idea where I might be able to find those ones?
i'll try and walk you through it.As soon as i get off work i'll help you out.What exactly is this not doing?
I've got my isuzu service information up.Do you have a test light that you can use to check for voltages?Now, is everything working except the blower motor? Does the compressor engage? I need to know these things in order for me to help you fix this problem.