How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lurch Your Own Question
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 20895
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
Type Your Car Question Here...
Lurch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue: I need to drain the radiator

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue and I need to drain the radiator. Where is the drain valve or petcock located at on the radiator? and also I need a picture of it, if possible?
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 11 years ago.

On Bottom of Radiator, above Mount.

  1. Drain the engine coolant from the cooling system.
  2. Remove the radiator drain plug and seal. The seal usually comes out attached to the plug.
  3. Remove the body of the drain plug. Use your fingers or needle nose pliers to disengage the locking tangs from the side tank.
  4. Clean the drain and the drain plug.
  5. Inspect the drain and the drain plug. Repair or replace as necessary.