Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

2004 Nissan Maxima: cruise..ECM, speed sensor malfunction

I am working on a 2004 Nissan Maxima with cruise not working. I am getting a code PO1574 from ECM, speed sensor malfunction. any takers?
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 11 years ago.
Is that the ONLY DTC you have recieved? Were there any others with the PO1574?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Lurch's Post: No the only module with this code was the ECM. i checked the BCM,TCM,and the unified meter and A/C module.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 11 years ago.
What is your speedo doing? If your speed sensor is not giving a signal or is giving an erratic signal the ECM is going to ignore the signal and in turn the cruise will not work because the ECM uses that signal as an input to know what output to give vacuum booster/throttle cable to maintain the desired speed the driver has selected. Is the speedo or tach moving erratically or inop?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Kyle Northrop's Post: The speedometer seems to be working properly. I compared the speed signals from the ecm,tcm,bcm and the unifiedmeter and a/c amp,and they all seem to be very close. This car is a drive by wire with no cables and vaccum to cruise. I believe it is conrolled by a motor on the throttle body through the ecm. Thanks Eugene.
Expert:  Lurch replied 11 years ago.

PO1574:
There is no proceedure to check PO1574 without Nissan's CONSULT-II other than below.

The vehicle speed signal is sent to the "unified meter and A/C amp." from the "ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)" by CAN communication line. The unified meter and A/C amp. then sends the signal to the ECM by CAN communication line.

Experience: Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 11 years ago.
Okay does the cruise light come on? Have you checked for an input from the ECM to the cruise module?