Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
my thermostat..yesterday on my 2001 95..check engine light..rough
Tim West
Tim West, Service Manager
I had my thermostat replaced yesterday on my 2001 95. The shop told me the housing was broken and needed to be replaced also. When I picked the car up after hours, the check engine light was still on,… read more
I have an 1994 Nissian Altima GXE. I need to replace an oil ...
Expert, auto mechanic
I have an 1994 Nissian Altima GXE. I need to replace an oil pump how do I do that? My brother inlaw has already took everything apart from the engine but wont finish it and its up to me to fix it. how… read more
The dealer repair shop that all 4 struts..leak..diagnostic
Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey)
Proud Hyundai Owner (Corey), High School or GED
I was told by the dealer repair shop that all 4 struts have to be replaced at a cost of over $4500. The leak is small and I have no error message from the diagnostic system. Any advice???? Leak has be… read more
99 Nissan Altima GXE: that needs a valve cover gasket replaced
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
I have a 99 Nissan Altima GXE that needs a valve cover gasket replaced. Is this easy enough to do on your own? What needs to be done to get to it? Any special tools required?… read more
A repair shop they told me it was the fuel pump, but i..put fuel..carb
RonRepair
RonRepair, High School or GED
i had taken it to a repair shop they told me it was the fuel pump, but i checked the fuel valve and fuel shots out of it. someone told me that if it doesnt shot out then it is the pump but it does. al… read more
2000 montero sport: speedo..speed sensor..me i need ecu..mitsubishi
Daniel, Lead mech
i have a 2000 motero sport the speedo does not work speed sensor has been replaced the repair shop told me i need ecu . so we ordered a used one but it didn't work because they could not program it . … read more
1990 Acura legend: Trip..Acura dealership told me..repair cost
William B
William B, Associate Degree
1990 Acura Legond Speedomoter will not work, Odomiter as well, and Digital Trip and Gas calculator thing to Acura dealership told me over the phone that it is most likly the odomiter/speedomoter cable… read more
At the repair shop they told me that my AC compressor must
Ron, Automotive Tech
At the repair shop they told me that my AC compressor must be replaced. Is it necessary to also relace the accumulator drier?… read more
Repair shop..she needed was more coolant added to radiator,cost
jackduppel
jackduppel, Co-Owner
my wife hyad trouble with her auto,stopped in a fanchised repair shop and was told it would cost $660.90 to repair, all she needed was more coolant added to radiator,cost of less than $20.00… read more
1990 buick: shop..me the plugs need to be replaced
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
Hello i have a 1990 buick park ave . i had it in the shop and they replaced the massflow sensor. and told me the plugs need to be replaced . the problem is that when i am doing 30 to 45 it hesitate. i… read more
1995 buick riviera: that my car needs a pmv (pressure modular valve)
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
I was told that my car needs a PMV (pressure modular valve) and the cost just to buy it is $800.00, if I don't replace it, what can happen to my car. I have a 1995 Buick Riveria.… read more
I took my car to a repair shop..programmed..without taking
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
I took my car to a repair shop and was told the ignition swith needed to be replace, however, they could not do it because the swith needed to be re-programmed. Is this possible without taking it back… read more
my 1995 sclass 500, the independent repair shop informed me..gears
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
I have to put a starter on my 1995 SClass 500, the independent repair shop informed me the cost would be $2200.00, because they found the gears on a transmission ring that is somehow conneted to the s… read more
96 nissan: water pump and power steering/alt..spark plugs..timing belt
TheMasterTechSource
TheMasterTechSource, Automotive Consultant
96 Nissian Altima.. Just replaced the water pump and power steering/alt. belt yesterday...car was doing fine the first test drive up the road....second test drive to store the RPM's started to idle lo… read more
Engine light came..friend told me it was due to the cars vent valve
Dan, Automotive Technician
Engine light came one, a friend told me it was due to the cars vent valve. He said it would cost $170.56 to replace, where is it loctaed and how hard is it to replace?… read more
2007 pt cruiser, valve replacement and pistion needed. Cost
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
2007 pt cruiser , valve replacement and pistion needed. Cost estimated 1200.00 buy another car or due repair . milage. 151,000 … read more
repair shop..i needed to replace my postive and negative wires
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
i needed a battery replacement and the repair shop said that i needed to replace my postive and negative wires to the battery, do you know how often that would need to be changed? The car is only 4 ye… read more
The garage has told me that they will replace the EGR Valve
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
the garage has told me that they will replace the EGR Valve on my 2004 renualt Scenic 1.5Dci. they also told me that they would reprogram something. as I want to replace the EGR valve myself will this… read more