Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Marc
Marc
Marc, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Squeaks..I spun the idler pulley by hand without the belt and there
Frank
Frank, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
My A/C belt squeaks so I took the belt off. I spun the idler pulley by hand without the belt and there is a faint abbrasive or scratching sound while it spins. Do I need a new idler pulley?… read more
1999 Cherokee: 4.0...the idler pulley and the serpentine belt
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
I have a 1999 Cherokee with a 4.0. I replaced the idler pulley and the serpentine belt. When the heater is on the AC compressor clutch kicks in and out. When the AC compressor clutch kicks in there is… read more
1991 Dodge: serpentine belt..plymouth..v6..it on the pulley
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
the serpentine belt came off how do i put it back on- 1991 plymouth acclaim Optional Information: 1991 Dodge acclaim v6 Already Tried: i tried to loosen the altenator to put the belt on, the belt has … read more
94 grand caravan: it this morning and the serpentine belt pop..pulleys
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
I have a 94 grand caravan, I started it this morning and the serpentine belt pop off. I check all the pulleys. I replaced it with a new belt, but it pop off too (several times). Any help is greatly ap… read more
grand voyager: replace my..my serpentine belt..my 1999..pulley
Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Ford Dealer
My son is trying to replace my serpentine belt on my 1999 plymouth grand voyager and is having problems on how to line up the tension pulley. How does he do that?… read more
1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo: serpentine belt..the diagram..pulley
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
was trying to figure out why the serpentine belt on 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo, will not stay on the pulleys. I understand that they belt has to be routed properly, and am able to follow the diag… read more
1999 Sable: replaced the timing belt..pulley..running lights..dim
jackduppel
jackduppel, Co-Owner
HI! I have replaced the timing belt, the serpentine belt, the pulley and the battery on my 1999 Sable. It still has a high pitched squeal that seems to change pitch as the car accelerates. It has also… read more
I need to replace the serpentine belt and the tensioner pulley
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I need to replace the serpentine belt and the tensioner pulley on a 2001 Land Rover Range Rover HSE. I have the belt and pulley. I replaced the water pump about a year ago, and replaced the S belt at … read more
93 dodge caravan: diagram..serpentine belt..3.0L, 6 cyl.
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
i need a routing diagram to replace the serpentine belt on my 93 dodge caravan. 3.0L, 6 cyl.… read more
1994 dodge caravan: serpentine belt comes off after..TSB
Brian W.
Brian W., Master Auto Technician
My 1994 dodge caravan serpentine belt comes off after about every two hours of operation under any conditions, wet or dry, stopped or moving. I have had almost everything the belt runs replaced over t… read more
My crankshaft pulley is wobbling around and shredding belts.
Merc320
Merc320, Highbury College
My crankshaft pulley is wobbling around and shredding belts. Do i need to only replace the pulley or is this part of the harmonic balancer. The engine is running fine which make me think not … read more
dodge caravan: 3.3 motor, on the belt on the engine..idler pulley
Dean
Dean, Service Manager/Lead Technician
How do release the tension on a dodge caravan ,,3.3 motor, on the belt on the engine. I need to replace the idler pulley… read more
1998 xk8: my serpentine belt..belt keeps jumping..all the pulleys
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 1998 xk8 and my serpentine belt keeps jumping off I checked all the pulleys and they are straight and spin free.… read more
1993 Mercury Sable: serpentine belt..pulleys..have the owners manual
Tech501
Tech501, Lead Technician
I am trying to put the serpentine belt on my 1993 Mercury Sable, and am having problems with the pulleys. I don't have the owner's manual, so I don't know if there is a certain way to do this. Can you… read more
What's up Lou hope all is well. I have a 2008 dodge caravan
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Benz master tech
Hey what's up Lou hope all is well. I have a 2008 dodge caravan 3.8 Vin#1D8HN54P48B177127 & Im replacing the PCM & I need the 4Digit Pin#.… read more
2006 Mercedes E350. I recently had the serpentine belt and
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
2006 Mercedes E350. I recently had the serpentine belt and all the pulleys changed. In addition, I had the intake manifold changed. Now the engine light is on and the car is idling really really bad. … read more
I put a serpentine belt on now water pump..bracket..pulley
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I put a serpentine belt on now water pump turns wrong way.how or what do i need , what kind of bracket or pulley.… read more
95 saturn: I cant get my serpentine belt..tensioner pulley
Tim Basham
Tim Basham, auto repair, shop foreman, tech trainer
I can't get my serpentine belt back on my 95 Saturn SL1 even withe the tensioner pulley pulled, can you tell me if there is a easy or tricky was to get it on?… read more