Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I am trying to hook my portable sirius unit to a pioneer…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to hook my portable sirius unit to a pioneer avh-299bt car radio and having problems

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your AVH-299BT unit?

Not sure. It was installed into a 2014 jeep after purchase

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your AVH-299BT?

I have the radio out and have plugged the double ended 1/8" cable into - hold on, i need to go check exactly where i plugged it in. give me a minute

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

OK. I have plugged it into the wired remote input hole and I have tried the AUX hole as well. Neither worked.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
The radio is a AVH-200BT
Are you still there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What are you asking for? I do not have a "service offer." If you want me to call you, how do I do that?
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.What's going on? I will check in the morning!
5/31/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

What is the Brand & Model Number of the Sirius Unit?

On the back of the radio is model #: SSV7 with a Sirius ID: 077371709810. The docking station has model #: SXVD1(A).

We can continue here as I cannot call or receive calls

Do you have the owners manual?
Be sure you are using the "correct" AUX Cable
One end should be plugged into the AUX Plug of the Base
The other end should be plugged into the AUX of your Pioneer
Your Pioneer should be set to AUXILLARY
The SSV7 should have the Volume Output at apprx 7
IF NO Sound thru the Pioneer, try another Product with a AUX Output (phone, portable radio, etc) connected to the Pioneer AUX Input & be sure the Pioneer is working
ALSO:
Your SSV7 "should" have FM Output
You would tune your Pioneer to a "weak FM Station" like 88.3 etc.
Change your SSV7 to FM Output & Tune the SSV7 to 88.3
You should here it on the Pioneer "IF" the Satellite Antenna & Stations are working thru the SSV7

.

Let me know if you need further

.

Thank you. I figured this out before you got a chance to reply, but I do appreciate your response. How do I cancel this justanswer.com?

right..........

Contact Customer Service on your page