Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I just got the rr maestro but it does not give pawer to the…

Customer Question
Hi i just got...

Hi i just got the rr maestro but it does not give pawer to the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Is a pioneer avic 8200nex

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I connected all the cables but the radio does not turn on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
4/7/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

Please post:
Year"
Make?
Model?
of Vehicle
.

Test the YELLOW & the RED wires at the back of the pioneer avic 8200nex plug, with Key ON, & let me know if there is Voltage + on BOTH wires

.

Is a 2016 ram rebel 1500
Only th yellow cable has power

I do NOT show the is compatible with your 2016 RAM

http://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/102

These systems are activated by DATA to & from the Vehicle
You should be using the ALP-MRR
Please recheck your Model Number of the Maestro

so do you have the ALP-MRR or the RR?

The rr

The RR is NOT compatible with the 2016 RAM
You have to use the ALP-MRR
DATA turns the Unit ON
Your 2016 RAM is NOT supplying the correct DATA.

.
IF you need further, let me know

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.
.............................