Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Its driving me mad! Pioneer deh-4800BT, i pressed something…

Customer Question
Hi - its driving...

Hi - its driving me mad ! Pioneer deh-4800BT, i pressed something and it changed the language off english - so now cant understand error - wont pair with phone now and wont play music from usb cable attached to phone

Mechanic's Assistant: What does the display look like?

So im on here looking how to fully reset and start it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the manual for your DEH-4800BT? Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?

Think original - somebody else got it and fitted it - it did work perfect for months

Mechanic's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Electronics Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

- but to be honest its not user friendly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The manual not user friendly im hopeless at electronics !

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/31/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 24 days ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

To Set Language (page 4 of manual)
Click Attachment Below

.

To pair phone, will depend if the Unit is newer or older by 3 years of your Cell Phone, as many older units cannot pair with newer phones, because of the DATA shared with the Phone & Unit manufacturers.
IF you have had the current phone paired to this unit before, then it should work, "unless" the phone or the Unit has had a recent update phone;

.

Let me know if you need further

.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
im working on it ! phone worked before - think i have english setting back on - next trying to figure out how to do pairing - how do i get to start pairing - phone cannot find the device to pair to
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch