Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My range rover evoque 2012 gps is not working so sat nav is…

My range rover evoque...

My range rover evoque 2012 gps is not working so sat nav is not available. do you know where the gps antenna is in this car? thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Id like to try to. tried updating the maps for 200 - did not work. gps says i am in maryland on the nav, but i live in ma.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had the panoramic sunroof replaced due to broken glass 1.5 years ago - about the time the nav stopped working... could they be linked?

Hello, it's been over 30 minutes now - I was under the impression I would hear within 30 minutes...
3/27/2018
Pete, Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Your vehicles GPS antennae are shown as #5 below.I suspect they left it unplugged or damaged it when the panoramic roof was replaced.I have seen the cables cut or broken when the roof is replaced or left disconnected.Also if the glass was damaged on your original panoramic roof this may have damaged the antennae itself.

You will need to have the interior headliner lowered down to then inspect the antennae cables and antennae itself for any obvious damage.If no obvious damage is found most likely the antennae have failed and need replacing.The other antennae #4 in the picture does not apply to your model as that one is for a vehicle without the panoramic roof.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxacd8iev5h4odn/gpsant-03-27.png?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

ok thanks so much!

You're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mechanic