Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My cars battery went dead and after it was restarted by AAA…

Customer Question
My cars battery went...

My cars battery went dead and after it was restarted by AAA guy, my kenwood DNN992 just showed the wallpaper and it wont show anything..all buttons wont work..

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your DNN992 unit?

A year and a half

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DNN992?

All the buttons plus the power button..and even the eject wont work...if it does I mite see some red buttons under it56

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
When i push power button only the word kenwood and garmin shows up... just that
3/27/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...kenwood DNN992..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Hi louie .. the method you sent me was exactly the method i did cuz thats on the instruction manual... nothing happened

Sorry to hear that a RESET was not corrective.

As posted above, it could potentially thgen be a hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multi-meter?

I would rather send it to kenwood support here in california... thanks anyway.. please refund me of my money.. thanks again

Noted; "...refund me of my money..." would be relayed to Customer Service through channels.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.

I dont hace time for this... it says if im not satisfied since what you suggested me to do was what i did before contacting you, you would refund no questions asked... i would appreciate it if you dobit right away.. thank you