Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Just bought a JVC KD-R780BT - My preferred mode of music…

Just bought a JVC...

Just bought a JVC KD-R780BT - My preferred mode of music playing is on a USB stick. Is there any way to configure play back that will play my collection by album? ...Like an Ipod does? My last Alpine stereo did this... Or am I strictly restricted to the format provided?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

I don't use an ipod anymore. I switched to playing by usb stick, with my last stereo, it was much more user friendly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

Like I said... I stopped using an ipod years ago. I loaded up my stick from Itunes popped it in my stereo, no problems... Is there a way to adjust playback mode on a simple USB flash drive on the KD-R780BT? Playback is no where near the order the files were loaded in...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I thought I was connected already... Have at'er! :-)

Yeah, I paid my $5 and I've been waiting over an hour now!!! Not likely to ever use this service again if this is how long I have to wait for paid inquiry!!
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
ebrock63
ebrock63, automotive shop manager/tech

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This JVC unit only gives that type of control for Ipod/Iphone and Android. Flash drive has no options for how the music is played from it.

Is there a way to load the flash drive so that the order played back is suitable?

HI,

Unfortunately not as the JVC reads the flash drive and plays it in random fashion. No way to compensate or overcome that internal feature in the audio unit

Try this. It is only supposed to work for the Iphone/Ipad and Android - press the #3 button 3 times and see if it will play in loaded order

I will try that, thank you.

you are welcome

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

ebrock63
ebrock63, automotive shop manager/tech