Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Looking to purchase a factory wiring harness/aftermarket…

Customer Question
Looking to purchase a...

Looking to purchase a factory wiring harness/aftermarket head adaptor for a 2017/18 Honda Ridgeline

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

It's going to be a Pioneer head unit I have a Metra part # if that helps

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer unit?

Have not purchased it yet....Crutchfield does not stock/have a factory harness adaptor, however Metra does

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just the above

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/20/2018
Car Electronics Technician: TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician replied 3 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Im showing a 70-1729 harness and 40-HD11 antenna adapter for that both metra parts, have you pulled the radio to see if visually the connector looks right?

No. Just trying confirm if the harness will allow me to keep my steering wheel controls

according to the diagram it will not, you will have to wait unit they develop a new harness with interface for the can bus system, you can however get a Bluetooth compatible steering wheel controls from pioneer and install that on the wheel, that setup in the car is pretty nice can I ask why your switching head units? are there other features that dosent have that you want?

hello did you get my response?