Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Touchscreen isnt working at all. Pioneer. Unplugged it,

Customer Question
Touchscreen isnt working at...

Touchscreen isnt working at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

Pioneer

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pioneer unit?

Unplugged it, unhooked battery.cant do nothing else..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/20/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

Model Number of the Pioneer?
When did the Touch Screen stop working?

SPH-DA120. Every since I got this car, I got it a few months ago
sph-da120- it was in car when I bought it, it never worked

sorry for the delay.........
Touch Screen problems are a bit harder to figure out
IF you have NO Touch Screen Control, then the Unit will need to be Tested on work bench by someone familiar with this Unit
OR
Sent to Pioneer for Repair
IF you have any Control, be sure the UPDATES are current
(click link) https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Car_Electronics/Firmware%20Update%20Files/NEX%20&%20SPH%20iDataLink%20Maestro%20v1.09%20&%20v1.10/AppRadio%204%20v1.09%20FW%20Update%20Letter.pdf

As long as the Unit was installed correctly

.

Let me know if you need further

Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 3 months ago

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.