Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX in a 2005 Dodge Ram…

I am installing a Pioneer...
I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX in a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Infinity 7 speaker sound system and I need advice on where to connect the speed sensor wire for navigation from the head unit. I have searched for days and have not found any answers. I realize I do have to bypass the OEM amplifier to complete the installation.
3/20/2018
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK did you get the aftermarket harness on the vehicle side ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the META 70-6510 Amp Bypass Harness.

and when you say speed signal wire are you talking about the reverse input ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, there is a separate wire for the speed signal for the navigation on the unit.

im looking at the wiring diagram now and dont see that, do you have a picture of your wiring diagram you could send ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For the Stereo? yes

your comment is making me thing the navigation unit is separate from the head unit? its all the same right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not a separate unit, in dash navigation, DVD, CD, Tuner.

ok thanks for the be right back with an answer

I have to make phone call to be accurate, I can get you a answer in the morning if that is ok ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that will be great, thank you!

ok very good, I will do that and get back with you before lunch, if you could enter a response so the question will be lit up on my board so I dont miss it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

ok I got the info, I just need your vin so I can get the correct transmission information and then I can get you the right wire

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vin # 3D3KS28CX5G782153, 5.9L Cummins 6Spd Manual

ok at the ecm its pin 44, dark green brown thats speed sensor signal from trans

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fantastic, i will take it from there thank you.

your very welcome

TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician