Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a alpine cda 105 radio. CD player works but no radio…

I have a alpine...

I have a alpine cda 105 radio. CD player works but no radio station

Mechanic's Assistant: What Alpine model do you have?

CDA -105

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Alpine unit?

Nothing. Tried to look up on Google and no help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want either reset so stations can hear radio

3/18/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No one has reached out.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would like for someone to help me with this
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Alpine CDA-105..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, please check the antenna and its cable/connector.

Still and as posted above,

consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you be comfortable to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Louie, Car Electronics Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will try this after I leave church today. Thanks for your response.
Louie, Car Electronics Technician