Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I just installed a sony XAV-AX100 in my 2008 MX-5 with

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a sony XAV-AX100 in my 2008 MX-5 with Bose.Everything works except there is no sound... Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Sony XAV- AX100

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had your XAV- AX100?

Just got it and "finished" the installation a half hour ago. Things work except there is no sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

I tried the tuner and I tried play music from my iPhone.

Mechanic's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.6

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The phone has no problem. The radio won't make any sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Theater Expert? This is for a car stereo

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Car Electronics Technician: John Vieira, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
John Vieira
John Vieira, Auto Mechanic

Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue at hand.

It is possible you need to check the RCA jacks from the stereo to the amp. Make sure you have got your inputs and outputs correct. Please let me know if you need detailed help with this procedure.