Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood DPX502BT and the volume starts fine for a…

Customer Question
I have a Kenwood...

I have a Kenwood DPX502BT and the volume starts fine for a few seconds then goes way up and can't be turned down.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your DPX502BT unit?

Just bought it in january

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DPX502BT?

Tried to reset, took battery out of tiny remote, no help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, I'm not in the car but my daughter is

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/16/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Kenwood DPX502BT..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, how was the RESET performed please?

In most instances, a non-corrective RESET would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Consider gently tapping on the volume knob at the front/faceplate (if have not been tried).

All others would require opening up the Kenwood.

Since new (January), it would be your advantage to seek a replacement from the dealer or a under warranty service.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.