Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I just bought a Dual brand double din head unit and it wont…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Dual brand double din head unit and it wont play music from phone through the AUX cord once I release the parking brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

Dual

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

Bypassing the parking brake security wire (pink wire) by running it to ground

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
3/15/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Dual brand double din head unit..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Dual brand double din head unit..."

Depending on the model, consider a RESET.

Most Dual models need to sense a change from Parking Brake not engaged to Parking Brake engaged.

This feature of these models would not work if the Parking Brake sensor wire is bypassed to be always engaged.

It is a dual xdvd276bt. So do you think if instead of running the parking brake wire directly to a ground, I should run it to a toggle switch that runs to a ground? That way I can switch it on and off flr the radio to sense the change

Yes, a toggle switch would serve to simulate the Parking Brake action.

It may require a couple of toggling the switch.

Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi again,

Any update?