Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Isuzu trooper with after market system pursuit…

I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Isuzu trooper with after market system pursuit elvatid fob. Last week the unlock feature stopped working. I replaced battery still having issues took to shop they told me to purchase new fobs. I bought two new ones. Had them programmed to unit. But none of the devices can unlock the doors. All three units can lock doors and remote start engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the manual for your unit? Have you tried common default passwords (e.g. 0000 or 1234)?

There are no passwords

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?

Aftermarket I purchased vehicle from secondary seller

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I need help lol

3/15/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

IF you have Factory Power Door Locks & the Factory Power Door Lock Switch "LOCKS & UNLOCKS" the doors, then the Pursuit Unit is NOT providing an Output to the Door UnLock connection or the connection is bad.
I am surprised the Shop you took it to did not check.
You need to check the Connections & "briefly" Ground the LIGHT GREEN / BLUE Factory wire to see if the Doors Unlock
Typically I connect at the Driver Kick Panel / Door Harness
Lock = LIGHT GREEN / RED wire
Unlock = LIGHT GREEN / BLUE wire
Located in Driver Kick Panel / Door Harness

.

Let me know if you need further

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

I'm waiting for my dad to check the connections on the wires. Once he does I can rate the reply or ask additional questions if the replied advice was of no anvil. Thank you.

Should not be to hard to test to pinpoint
Let me know if you need further
Thanks

Don - Mo Lurch
They grounded the wire from behind the kick plate when done it did not unlock the doors nor was the fob able to unlock the doors.

??
.

Not sure what you mean, as I posted to "briefly ground-" the LIGHT GREEN / BLUE Factory wire to see if the Door UNLOCKS.
Briefly Ground: meaning to touch to Ground for less than a second
>

Was the Pursuit UNLOCK wire connected to the LIGHT GREEN / BLUE Factory wire?

Let me know if you need further

They "briefly grounded" the light blue green wire it did not cause the doors to unlock either by the action or with the use of the key fob during the action you suggested.
that wire is connected to the module for the keyless entry. The wire light green blue was stretched some

Thanks:
The Trooper "does have Factory Door Locks".....correct?
Does the Door Lock & Unlock work from the Door Switch?

it does have factory unlock lock switch. And yes the interior switch works

IF the Factory Door Lock Switch LOCKS & UNLOCKS, then there is an issue with the Connection at the LIGHT GREEN / BLUE Factory wire , as that is the Factory Door UNLOCK Switch wire.
Either there was not a sufficient Ground - to the LIGHT GREEN / BLUE Factory wire, the doors were already Unlocked, or still a bad connection