Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a Viper 3100 installed on my 1995 Acura Legend. I had…

Customer Question
Good Morning. I...

Good Morning. I have a Viper 3100 installed on my 1995 Acura Legend. I had to replace my ignition switch. In doing so, I had to disconnect the yellow wire and the spliced red and blue wires from the Viper 3100 from the old ignition switch wires. I did not reconnect the Viper wires to the new ignition switch. Now the alarm system is constantly active and I cannot start my car. All 3 wires remain disconnected and I do not have the know how to reconnect them. Is there anything I can do to turn my car on so I can take it to the shop that installed my Viper 3100 so they can reconnect the wires?

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

Not sure. The Alarm is a viper 3100.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

I tired disconnecting all of the alarm connectors and that did not work. Also tried using the key on driver door and that did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Also reset battery several time and no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Just searches on the topic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Are you missing the remote from the alarm or something like that? The way that those alarms work is you just disconnect the whole box and you just have to reconnect the starter wire back together and it should function.If you take a picture of the alarm system under the dash I can better describe to you how to remove it.Basically the way the alarm works is all of the wires that go to the box are simply for the alarm horn and for the lights and triggers. You can cut all of them. Once the alarm is disarmed it just connects the starter wire back together so if you find the starter wire coming off the ignition switch and it should be a big thick wire you'll see where it's cut in half and one and goes to one wire for the alarm the other goes to the other wire on the alarm you should just be able to reconnect that large wire back together and it should be fine.If I answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name is ***** ***** only way this I will compensate me for my time you will still be able to ask any follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
I replaced the ignition switch and the car turned on fine for one trip. The next time I opened the door, the alarm triggered and I have been unable to turn off the alarm. Ignition will not turn on either. I believe that the large wire that you are referring to above is the one that is part of the ignitions switch so it is no longer cut (alarm is not connected to it). I have the remote but it is currently not working. My guess is because the red wire on the alarm is disconnected (I disconnected it when I replaced the ignition switch). Since I don't have the proper splicing tools to reconnect the alarm wires (blue, red, and yellow) to the new ignition switch wires, all I would like to do is figure out how I can start the car so I can take it to an alarm shop so they can reconnect the wires. I'm fairly certain that will take care of my issue. Attached is a picture of the alarm box and a picture of the yellow, red and blue wires I referred to. Any ideas?