Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

1990 porsche 911 with blaupunkt radio/cassette. Trying to…

Customer Question
1990 porsche 911 with...

1990 porsche 911 with blaupunkt radio/cassette. Trying to reset with code. No luck. Can codes time out or try out? (changed battery) My mechanic said it has a lifetime limit of reset with code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the manual for your unit? Have you tried common default passwords (e.g. 0000 or 1234)?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?

Original, and i desire to keep car original

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
2/6/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
do you have the code from the user manual, just to clarify there is no COMMON default password ***** don't know why the site asked you that. I've never seen a lifetime reset limit before, generally if it goes into safe pickup you leave the ignition on for an hour or so and it will exit safe mode and you can try again. If you have the original code and the radio isn't accepting it then the radio is faulty.If you don't have the code only the dealer can get it for you, they SHOULD do it for free.Let me know if you need any more assistance.