Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2018 GMC Terrain that does not have a CD…

I just bought a 2018...
I just bought a 2018 GMC Terrain that does not have a CD player. What would be the best way to connect a CD player that issues its sound through the GMC audio system? The GMC system does have an auxiliary, USB and Bluetooth connections.
1/17/2018
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Best way is to get a new head unit but because its so new there is no aftermarket parts for it yet, cheapest way is to get a external cd player and hook it up via the AUX port, if you wish to add say a 6 dosc hide away changer or head unit It will be a few years before there are products available to accommodate the vehicle

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician