Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Kenwood excelon ddx7015 password reset, just purchased a…

Kenwood excelon ddx7015 password...

Kenwood excelon ddx7015 password ***** just purchased a Lincoln truck, and it was brought from a daughter of a deceased father and she doesn't know the code. is there a reset code for the stereo?

Mechanic's Assistant: What Kenwood model do you have?

Kenwood Excelon DDX7015

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood system?

Pushing the reset button, while holding the eject and volume down, but it did not work

It has been more than 24 hours and I am checking to see if a technician reviewed my question.
It has been more than 24 hours and I am checking to see if a technician reviewed my question. The question was submitted on Sunday January 14, 2018
Answered in 2 days by:
1/17/2018
DanTheCarGuy

Sorry for the wait. Sometimes there are more questions than we can handle.

Press the eject and the volume/menu button at the same time and hold them. Then push the reset button. Keep holding the eject and volume buttons until the radio boots back up. Then press initialize all. Then push the reset button one more time.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated You can do this rating by clicking on the stars in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and lets get your question answered!

I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE AND IT DIDN'T WORK, IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY ORIGINAL QUESTION, PARTICULARLY IN THE PART WHICH ASKED WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED, YOU WOULD HAVE NOTED I HAD ALREADY TRIED YOUR INSTRUCTION PRIOR TO YOUR REPLY.
I will opt out hopefully someone else can help you
sprinkles08

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There isn't a way for a security code to be disabled or changed by the user if the code in place isn't known. To use this unit you would need to send it to Kenwood to have them either program another code or disable the feature.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08