Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My Kenwood DNX6990HD won't turn on or reset. Any idea what…

Customer Question
My Kenwood DNX6990HD won't turn...
My Kenwood DNX6990HD won't turn on or reset. Any idea what
is going on? 12v yellow/black 12 red/black
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
The Unit is a DNX690HD. I can get power (red Triangle on) to yellow/black. The Triangle lights up.
There is power through the harness on the red/black side but nothing lights up or turns on.
I bought an identical unit off EBAY to swap out. Same results with the power.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2018
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the radio will not turn on it has to be due to an internal problem or a lack of power or ground to it due to a blown fuse, wiring or connection issue.

You don't mention how you're testing power feeds but you want to be using an incandescent test light, making sure the bulb lights as brightly as if connected directly to the battery.

I see that you've tested power feeds but you don't mention checking ground. If you verify that the power feeds are good you'll also want to test the ground. If you find the constant and switched power feeds and the and ground are ok then you have an issue with the replacement radio also.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.