Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Mercedes C Class 200 with a Becker sat nav…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Mercedes...
I have a 2011 Mercedes C Class 200 with a Becker sat nav problem which has just developed. I am now unable to select a destination as the multi function control knob no longer works when I rotate the knob to select from the on screen menu. The push button and the left right up down nudge functions of the control knob are working fine. It's just the rotating function that seems to have died. Help! Please!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
1/1/2018
Car Electronics Technician: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
The only thing you can try before needing to replace the controller is to pull fuse 11 in the front left fuse box of the engine bay. That is the power supply to the controller. Pull the fuse and wait a minute and then re install the fuse and see if it is now back to normal. If not the controller will need to be replaced. You can see the fuse designation numbers on the fuse box if you use a flashlight also the fuse chart should be ln the drivers side of the dash where the door meets the dash. The panel pops off to reveal a fuse box and you should have a chart inside there. Hope this information helps , happy new year. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Hi Lou, Many thanks for that. Tried your fuse removal suggestion which was not successful regrettably. On the bottom right corner of the screen there is a red number which is sometimes 9 and changes to 10 and back. Could it be some sort of error code? When the problem first occurred a couple of weeks ago we had had several days of very cold weather (-5c to -7c) and the car had hardly been used. It became evident on start up but had been absolutely fine before with no problems at all. Would the controller fail suddenly like that? As I said earlier the other controller functions work fine.

can you send me a picture of the number you are seeing? our radios do not display error codes.

and for electronic items there is never a heads up to failure unfortunately.

was anything ever spilled on or near it?

the only last thing that can be tried is a software update from the dealer, i didnt see this complaint in the software update database or bulletins but we always do try that before replacing audio components.

hope this helps, I am here if you need more info or help.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I live in England Lou so we have a time difference of several hours. It's 7.30 am on Tuesday here now. I will send you that picture later today or tomorrow as I have quite a busy day ahead. Back soon. Philip

ok Philip not a problem sir.

and I wont bug you about the rating but just so you are aware that is the only way I am paid my portion for helping.

have a good day and I will talk to you later.

Lou

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician