Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have forgotten my security code for my kenwood stereo and…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my security code for my kenwood stereo and need help to bypass it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the manual for your unit? Have you tried common default passwords (e.g. 0000 or 1234)?

Yes i do and i have tried all default

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this the original unit, or an aftermarket one?

Aftermarket

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
1/1/2018
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There isn't a way for a user to disable the security code function once a code has been programmed, if it could be disabled at will then it wouldn't aid in preventing theft. IF you don't have record of the code then radio will need to be sent to Kenwood, with proof of ownership they will be able to disable or change the code for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.