Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My Clifford Alarm remote fob has a dead battery& I am trying…

Customer Question
My Clifford Alarm remote...

My Clifford Alarm remote fob has a dead battery& I am trying to disable the alarm and start the vehilse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

My truck has an aftermarket Alamr, made by Clifford.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

I have only tried to start the vehicle. But the alarm goes off and the ignition is immobileized

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/29/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Ok. Thnks
Text is fine
There should be an overide button installed under the dash at or near the steering column. It will be a small black push button. See if you can find it. Then turn on the key and push that button. That should turn the alarm off and allow you to start the vehicle. Let me know if you find it.
Chris
Ok. I am looking now
Ok
I couldn't find it
Is it a black little circuit box called flashlogic?
Ok, the installer must have hid it pretty well. So then plan be is to disconnect the negative battery cable. Then wait a couple of minutes. Turn the ignition switch on to the run position. Then reconnect the battery cable. Now try to start it. Let me know if that works.Chris
I don't have any tools to disconnect the negative battery cable.
Hmmm, well the only options are 1 get a battery for the remote, 2 try to find that button, or 3 get a wrench so you can disconnect the negative battery cable. I guess a 4th option would be to have the vehicle towed to a shop and have the alarm system removed. Those are really your only options.Chris
Ok, Chris. Thanks for your help. I may take an Uber home, to retrieve my spare fob.
You are very welcome! Glad I was able to help!Chris