Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood DNX691HD NAV/Radio in an older SUV...never…

Customer Question
I have a Kenwood...

I have a Kenwood DNX691HD NAV/Radio in an older SUV...never had a map upgrade. I've learned on internet that to start the process a insert an SD card in the small slot on front of the nav unit. I've ordered an 8GB Micro SD card from amazon. While waiting for snail mail delivery, I've begun to wonder if I have to buy a special card from Kenwood for this to work?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your DNX691HD unit?

6 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DNX691HD?

Well it works fine, just has old maps. So far I've researched on internet, found a web site to down load new map file. 1st step in down load process from web site is insert your SD card so radio can prep the card. Then insert card with its adapter into my computer to receive download. I've ordered a new SD Card from Amazon. Now just wondering if the card has to come from Kenwood or Garmin?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/27/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 3 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It does not have to be a certain brand.. any SD card will work.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Thanks Wayne. No further questions. You answer gives me peace of mind while I'm waiting for snail mail delivery.

No problem. Let me know if you need anything further and please CLICK ON A SMILEY FACE at the top to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner