Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Best buy Geek squad installed viper ds4vb ds4. Best buy Geek…

Customer Question
Best buy Geek squad...

Best buy Geek squad installed viper ds4vb ds4

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

Best buy Geek squad installed viper ds4vb ds4+ into 2014 fj Cruiser. after 4 hours, they were stumped as it will start the vehicle for just a few seconds and then it will turn itself off and repeat 3 times. I am to take it back in a couple of weeks for them to have a chance to call viper technical support and hopefully have an answer as to how to make it work. Any ideas appreciated

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

Nothing, everything is stock. valet key has a G and my other keys have an L on them. It does have factory JBL stereo.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/26/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

very sorry for the delay..........
ALL Keys should be supplied to the Installer when you have a Remote Start installed, as you never know if the Dealer or person that sold you vehicle had a Key made & Programmed, that will not be picked up by the ByPass Device, that has to be installed on your FJ Cruiser to fool the Vehicle Computer that it is o k to Start & Run.

While I do not like Best Buy Installations, this sounds to be the case, that the Installer was NOT able to complete the ByPass Programming.......

.

Let me know if you need further.

..
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

All Keyes were supplied that comes with the car new. Two with remotes and the valet key. They could not get it to stay started. It would cycle three time with only momentary starts then would turn off immediately.

Thanks for the added info about the Keys.....
They could not get it to stay started. It would cycle three time with only momentary starts then would turn off immediately.

/

This is likely either Programming of the ByPass that was used or the Programming of the Key to the ByPass........as I stated earlier

.

Did anyone try the Remote Start with the Key in the Ignition Switch (not ON)
IF so, did it stay running?
IF so & it did NOT stay running, then it can also be the TACH Signal is not turned on or connected correctly

.

Please remember, I depend on your information to formulate an answer, as I cannot touch or see your vehicle & how the Viper was installed

.

I don’t know if they tried that but I’ll try when I get off work and let you know

Thank you........
Typically this will tell if the ByPass is working or not on "most" vehicles, as your vehicle should have DATA Immobilizer
There are a few vehicles that will not work that way.

Let me know what you find

Tried using the remote start with car key in ignition in off position. Car did the same 3 times where it would start and then turn off within a second. After the 3 times it stopped trying.

3 times is the norm, before Remote Start shuts down, this way it does not run the Battery flat......
IF it does not stay running & all dash lights go off while it is running, then it really sounds like TACH signal
Either they do not have the TACH Signal learned, connected or wrong signal

TACH should be BLACK / WHITE wire, located at the OBDII 16 PIN Connector, PIN 9
IF they have that connected, then they likely have not Programmed TACH as Instructions show

I can only assume this is the issue, by your information supplied, s I cannot touch or see your vehicle & how the Viper was installed

Thank you for your help. I will pass on the info to the techs on my next appointment. Thanks again

THANK YOU
Let me know the outcome.......
Thanks for using J/A

.

.