Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

I got a new car on Friday, with a Sirius XM radio

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new car on Friday, with a Sirius XM radio subscription for a year. I thought I was 'highlighting' my favorite stations, picking my 5 favorites, but did not realize what I was doing was deleting them from my radio.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

It is the radio that comes with the new Jeep Renegade. Not sure at the moment.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

I've called Sirius Radio to have them 'reset' my radio. They did that twice to no avail. I've unhooked my battery overnight, hoping it would work like a computer when you unplug it and plug it back in.... no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, just hoping to my car radio to play my favorite stations again.... they are just totally unaccessible at the moment.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/24/2017
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What you'll need to do is go into Apps, Settings, and then locate SiriusXM setup. This will allow to you re enable the channels you have disabled.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician