Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Just bought a screen and missing a password. It’s a Kenwood…

Customer Question
Just bought a screen...

Just bought a screen and missing a password

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

It’s a Kenwood dnx710ex

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DNX710EX?

0000 1234 and 1111 no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Need help resetting password

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/24/2017
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There isn't a way for an end user to change the security code, if it could be changed at will then it wouldn't be a theft deterrent. If you don't have record of the code with the owner's information, affixed to the radio, etc, then you'd need to send the radio to Kenwood and with valid proof of ownership they'd be able to change the code for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.