Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I recently purchased vehicle with KDC X798 and it was

Customer Question
I recently purchased vehicle...

I recently purchased vehicle with KDC X798 and it was perfect until it just goes through the nice colors but will not turn on only saying PROTECT. Thanks Pearl.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

I thought KDC would indicate KENWOOD . That is it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood unit?

Removing and re installing anti theft front face

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No except even with remote no diff.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/12/2017
Car Electronics Technician: TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So when you spliced your harness what was the method you used?

I did not install. Car came with and worked perfectly

how long has it been in operation and have you pulled the radio to look at the harness splices yet?

CANNOT AFFORD THAT LUXURY, it worked perfectly but nothing changed on my part it is still parked . I am disabled and know nothing about electronics. Can you please help me out?
Lights up goes on and off but silently says across screen PROTECT

did you read my initial greeting where it stated that I dont push for phone calls? Also I am trying to help you its not just one answer fix here we have to do some diagnostics, we need to pull the radio and check the connections, if you are unable to do this I would suggest to take it to a qualified electrician that can inspect these