Car Electronics

Car Electronics Questions? Ask an Electronics Expert for Answers ASAP

Car Electronics

Where can I buy a rear facing camera for an audiovox rear…

Customer Question
Where can I buy...

Where can I buy a rear facing camera for an audiovox rear view mirror which was originally installed in 2007. The mirror seems to be working fine. Help!

Mechanic's Assistant: What Audiovox model do you have?

LCMR5RP thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Audiovox unit?

When I turn the vans key on the mirror lights up and shows me the geographic direction the van is facing and outside temp

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know where I can purchase the rigrear facing camera

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/12/2017
Car Electronics Technician: TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician replied 2 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Car Electronics Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send a picture of the existing camera or is there a model number on it somewhere?

If I had the existing camera I would not be trying to buy one! My request is simple,
Where in Rhode Island can I purchase an Audiovox electronics corp. rear camera
model: LCMR5RP?

wow no need to be rude ill let someone else assist you with this

Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

LCMR5RP was the model number of the entire mirror navigation/camera system. This system was discontinued quite some time ago and is no longer supported for replacement parts, I was unable to find any used or aftermarket replacement parts also. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer here to see if they could recommend a camera from another system still in production that could be used in it's place.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician