Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

My mtx thunder 6500d amp powers on but won't play. Do you…

Customer Question
My mtx thunder 6500d...

My mtx thunder 6500d amp powers on but won't play . Do you have any ideas as to why that might be ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had your 6500D?

About a week it was a friend of mines he gave it to me so it was used not new when I received it

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It's actually my boyfriend who has been trying to fix it so I'm not sure but he said he thinks it has something to do with the rca's since it powers on with the car just won't play

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope I think that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Louie, Car Electronics Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Car Electronics Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your MTX Thunder6500D. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

• ...have you checked the speakers? ...Ω rating? ...how many?
  • ...other than RCA jacks, tried feeding the SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT?
  • ...gently tapping/exercising the three (3) controls?

All others would be internal.

stereoaz
stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician