Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Trying to wire new stereo into 2008 Colorado not sure of…

Customer Question
Trying to wire new...

Trying to wire new stereo into 2008 Colorado not sure of wire colours

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

The stereo is a JVC

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC unit?

Nothing. It’s out of another car, but none of the colours on the wires match

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/8/2017
Car Electronics Technician: tech0405, Technician replied 8 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon i will be helping you with your install , did you buy a direct fit kit that will work with the radio and your factory harness where you can just plug and pay to make things easier for you ?? Can you also provide me the radios model # you ar trying to install ??

No this stereo came out of wreck. The model no is JVC :KW-R920BT

Can you give me details on your truck like it is a crew cab ,standard ca, LT, LS MODEL ??

Crew cab 12/08 model 4x4 Single din stereo

Am trying to get you the correct part # for the radio harness you will need , do you have door tweeters? and do you have on star?

No door tweeters.... don’t know what on star means

OK dont worry about onstar

Give a minute looking up the part # for the wiring kit you will need to get that you will need to wire the kit into the radio connector if the after market radio then you simple plug inn the provided connector into your factory radio connector this way you dont tap into any factory wiring .

Part # Metra LC-GMRC-01 Wiring Interface

With this kit you will keep your factory door chimes woking and everything will work for you nice and easy and its good reputable company . I hope this helps please not forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank yo

Do you have wiring diagrams for them so I can just join and solder then wires ?

Do you mean not using the harness kit??

I will post the pin layout if you have the 16 pin connector ad i will post the pin layout for the 24 pin connector so you know what every pin on the connector is for i dont recommend this way but its up to you . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

1--Not Used

2 0.35 BN/WH367Remote Playback Device Left Audio Signal

3 0.35 D-GN/WH368Remote Playback Device Right Audio Signal

4-6--Not Used

7 0.35 PU1807Class 2 Serial Data

8--Not Used

9-0.5 BK/WH1151Ground

10-0.35 BK/WH372Remote Playback Device Audio Common Signal

11-15--Not Used161 OG1140Battery Positive Voltage

1--Not Used

4-6--Not Used

7 0.35 PU1807Class 2 Serial Data

8--Not Used

9-0.5 BK/WH1151Ground

11-15--Not Used

16 1 OG1140Battery Positive Voltage

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PROVIDE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR THE HELP PROVIDED THANK YOU

What a waste of money this was

The correct way of doing it is buying that harness i suggested it thats the way the professionals do it

Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?