Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

Kenwood radio keepos cutting out i reset and all it says is…

Customer Question
Kenwood radio keepos cutting...

Kenwood radio keepos cutting out i reset and all it says is standby has done this off and on for the past year whats wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What Kenwood model do you have?

I knew you were gonna ask its about 4 yrs old c/ bluetooth and xm

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood unit?

Took face off pressed reset button replaced plate nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

N told you evereything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
this was a [email protected]! give me my money back! no one ever replied!!!
12/1/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

??????
.

have a look at your question
NO MODEL NUMBER?
NO Vehicle?
Kenwood makes 100's of Radios, & MANY are different in operation & wiring
IF you want a REFUND, have a look at your page..........should be a Contact on there

KDC-BT755HD
Car Electronics Technician: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds as if the problem is most likely in the radio. If it was losing a power or ground then the radio should turn off completely and sounds as if that isn't what is happening. Either way, you'll want to check connections and then ensure that the power and ground feeds will light an incandescent test light brightly at the time the radio will not work. If ok then the problem is internal in the radio.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.