Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I have an installation issue with viper ds4+ remote start on…

Customer Question
I have an installation issue...
I have an installation issue with viper ds4+ remote start on 2015 Ford Fusion.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/1/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician replied 7 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Car Electronics Technician

What is the issue?
Did you install the Viper?
When was it installed?

I installed the remote start on the vehicle after dealing with and paying for so called authorized viper dealer installation. Whenever I plug in the device it is supposed to give me a solid red light and then start and stop the vehicle. I assume the device has to be flashed before this and it is capable of being flashed using vipers Directlink app., which calls for a username and password, at which you have to be authorized by viper for that. So how do I flash it so it will work. I have already paid a lot for it and installation only for them to not install it. And now other places want to charge for everything again.

sorry for the delay.......there was NO notice that you responded

I installed the remote start on the vehicle after dealing with and paying for so called authorized viper dealer installation
???
.

sorry I do not understand that.........
who did you purchase the DS4 from?
why did they not flash for your vehicle?
Viper is "protected territory" but many times your "local" Viper Dealer can Flash for you
May be a charge

.

I have been in the Mobile Electronics Business for over 40 years & have been D.E.I. Distributor, but will never sell or install another.
I strictly use OMEGA Research & Development Products, as they have been around a long time & have a better TECH Service.

It was sold at Best Buy and I was charged for installation twice but they still haven’t installed it. Talked to the local shops they said they would charge me for the whole installation $400 or $125 an Hour

IF you were charged Installation & "you" installed it, & have NOT received a credit for it, then Best Buy would typically Flash for you IF you take Receipt, Vehicle & DS4 to them.
Should be NO Labor other than Flashing
Flashing requires them to connect to site when Module is connected