Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

MY 2015 DODGE JOURNEY HAS SIRIUS RADIO AND WE LOVE IT.

Customer Question
GOOD MORNING...MY 2015 DODGE...

GOOD MORNING...MY 2015 DODGE JOURNEY HAS SIRIUS RADIO AND WE LOVE IT. HOWEVER, ON WEDNESDAY, IT LIKE FROZE . NO SOUND,UNABLE TO CHANGE STATION. THE FM AND AM REGULAR RADIO WORK FINE. BUT WE WANT OUR SIRIUS BACK. REFRESHING THE SIGNAL HAS NOT HELPED.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

I DON'T REALLY KNOW. IT IS A DODGE JOURNEY

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your car electronics?

I HAVE CALLED SIRIUS 4 TIMES NOW. THEY HAVE TRIED TO REFRESH THE SIGNAL FROM THEIR FACILTY BUT STILL NO RADIO SOUND OR ANYTHING

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THAT IS ABOUT IT. THANKS, ***** ***** AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
12/1/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

you can disconnect the battery and wait 5 minutes and reconnect and the radio should function as normal.

this is a common complaint.

the only way to fix it is to replace the radio or reset it by removing power.

hope this helps.

make sure you only undo the negative cable. wait 5 minutes and reconnect.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!

Lou P.

Master Mercedes-Benz Technician

Master ASE Certified