Car Electronics

Car electronics questions? Ask an electronics Expert for answers ASAP

I recently bought a 2006 Mercedes ML350 with the optional…

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a 2006 Mercedes ML350 with the optional Sirius Radio receiver in the back. I could not get it to sync up and was told by a Auto radio shop that the reciever, Mercedes part # A220(###) ###-####was bad and I needed to replace it and it should work. I bought a brand new one and put it in. On the Sat. mode on the radio/nav/cd/ Sat, the Sat screen says to call a number to get the Sirius signal, but the old mumber ending in 055 was still showing on the screen as the sirius radio id. Why does this not work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your car electronics?

I believe Alpine

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Alpine unit?

Just installing the new reciever unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The antenna may be bad but am not sure, I do get a signal on occasion

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Car Electronics Technician: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

the serial # of the sirius is in the module that you have changed . now if the old unit was playing normally and you have purchased a subscription you need to contact sirius/xm to give them the serial # of the new module which will be on the sticker so they can enable the box to receive the sat channels again.

also since you have changed the module the radio head needs to be synced to the sat radio module with the MB dealer scan tool .

they can verify that the module is working correctly and / or tell you there is another issue!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech